Music and Digital Audio
Good Christian music with a solid, Bible-based, relevant message is often difficult to find in today's pop-Christian music scene. As I discover good sources of written and recorded Christian music, I will list them here. If you know of sources that are not listed, please let me know. I'll gladly post it for the blessing of others.
- Zion's Praises — Shaped Notes. Over 800 hymns. Published by Weaver Music Company.
- Christian Hymnary — Shaped Notes. 1,000 hymns. A good number of the hymns in this book were written by the John Overholt family. Published by The Christian Hymnary Publisers, Sarasota, FL
- Christian Hymnal — Shaped Notes. 657 Hymns. Published by Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Gospel Publishers.
- Church Hymnal — Shaped Notes. 657 Hymns. Published by the Mennonite Publishing House in Scottsdale, PA
QUALITY CHRISTIAN MUSIC ARTISTS & GROUPS
- Altar of Praise Chorale
- Antrim Mennonite Choir
- Faith Builders Chorale
- Harold Dean Miller Family
- Harps of Praise
- Lebanon County Youth Chorus
- Maranatha Chorale
- Mollie Jo and Caleb Cassidy
- Mountain Anthems
- Nathaniel Christian Orphanage
- Oasis Chorale
- Sharon Singers
- Sunshine Valley Quartet
- Tapestry Chamber Singers
- Voice of Praise
Digital Audio Recording
Digital audio recording is a hobby of mine. Listed below are resources related to recording, editing, and sharing digital audio as well as what I've learned about the process of remastering analog formats (cassette, LP, reel-to-reel) to digital.
I currently use the Olympus LS-10 for field recording and studio recording. It is a very flexible digital stereo portable 24-bit audio recorder. Full review HERE.
I currently use Goldwave digital audio editor for most of my recording projects. Unfortunately, it is Windows only, so I'm looking for a good alternative that is either cross-platform or Mac only since I use a Mac computers for much of my creative work.